breastfeedng and bottle feeding question please help

So baby is due here soon and we are going to breastfeed but i will need to use a bottle for feedings to because i will be returning to work.
I want to use a bottle that is most like breastfeeding and iv read and heard that the bottle called
First years breastflow bottles are the best for babies who will be nursing and bottle feeding because they have to latch on to the bottle like they would your nipple and they have to use the same sucking motion to get anything.
Has anyone used these bottles?
if not what bottles did you use?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• they are ok but they are hard to clean and alot of breastmilk gets waisted i suggest mam bottles they work great i pump i used to breastfeed but i work now and no air gets to my son so less spit up
    Mommydearest300

Answer by Mommydearest300 at 3:48 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• It really depends on your baby. You are going to want a bottle that gives them the "same" (well as close as you can get) type of latch as they get on the breast (if not you will have sore nipples form baby latching wrong, and possibly loos your milk). You will want his/ her lips to pucker out around the base of the nipple (same as on the breast). Having a baby (or bottle) were they just suck on the end can lead to a baby having a shallow latch (BAD NEWS for mom and baby).

See you local IBCLC (International Board Certified Lactation Consultant) for the best artificial nipples for your baby.
    hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 3:59 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• First of all, I suggest that for the first few weeks you use only your breast. Any bottle is going to be a little easier than your breast so you want baby and you to be firmly entrenched in breast feeding before you introduce a bottle. Second, I really like the Playtex Drop In System with the Natural Latch nipples (I prefer the brown colored ones, not the clear). I supplemented with a bottle early on and it really messed up the whole breast feeding thing for me. Once I switched to the Playtex Drop In Natural Latch, everything got much better. The liners are also really nice for minimizing air intake for baby. Good Luck!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:17 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I have breastfed from the beginning and my DD is 5.5 months. For the first couple months I didn't use any bottle but then when I started pumping I used Playtex dropins which I hated and Born Free which she loves. She has never had a problem BFing after using the bottle and a friend of mine actually switched to born Free b/c her DD wasn't wanting the bottle when she went back to work and she loved it also. It has a system that prevents the nipple from collapsing and they don't get as much gas either. I love them.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 4:56 PM on Feb. 11, 2009