Women who have had a hystorectomy..

My mom went to the doc a long time ago and they said she needed one but they wouldn't do it because she wasn't on insurance.
My moms' hair is VERY thin and has thinned more and more over the years and she loses a lot of it. She also gets cold VERY easy..abnormally cold. It takes a lot to make her sweat even. She also has painful, heavy periods. I was just wondering if any of you experienced those symptoms and had to get a hystorectomy?
Also, Hypothyroidism runs in our family, but they tested her and said it was fine..Then again, alot of doctors mis-diagnose hypo. Hypo have a lot of the same symptoms..so I don't know. Just wondering what your symptoms were?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:25 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Health

• I just had a hysterectomy and my symtoms were painful periods . I really didnt lose hair or was cold easily acutally I'am hypothrodism and I would get cold easily and my hair was brittle I was also tired and sluggish and never had any energy. That's the first thing I thought of when you said cold and losing hair was thyroid. I never heard of hysterectomy doing that but then again I can be wrong. I think I would get a second opion and make sure it's not thyroid.
    I hope all turns out well for your mom.

mom4ever76

Answer by mom4ever76 at 7:30 PM on Feb. 11, 2009