Vtech Innotab 2 vs Innotab 2S -OR- LeapPad vs LeapPad 2

Does your child have one of these learning tablets? I have read reviews on them & they both seem to have their pros/cons but I am still undecided on which one to get my 4YO DS for Christmas.

I think the Innotab 2S has WiFi, but I do not care about that. I know the Innotab & its games are less expensive than the LeapPad.

Both tablets have games that feature characters my son would like. I have grown up with Vtech products as a child. We have some LeapFrog stuff for DS & they're alright. I'm not crazy about them...but the tablet seems like a lot of fun.

Any in put is appreciated! Thanks!

paige8608

Asked by paige8608 at 10:58 AM on Nov. 24, 2012 in Shopping

• I'm steering clear of anything VTech. Last Christmas we got my daughter the VTech interactive reading thing. About 3 months ago now we had to send it back to VTech (forgetting we got the protection plan from ToysRUs) because the sound didn't work. We never got it back from them, and they have no record of receiving it.

I'm SICK of the 3+ months of whining out of my daughter about when she'd getting it back. We plan on getting her the LeapPad 2 Disney Princess bundle for THIS Christmas.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:05 PM on Nov. 24, 2012

• We were in the same boat as you last Christmas. We ended up going with the LeapPad as it seemed it extended a bit further, age-range-wise, than VTech. Plus, we had prior VTechs, and while they had very good, educational games, they were constantly eating batteries. I suppose this would be true of anything requiring batteries, but, at any rate, we were pleased with our purchase. HTH.
    Chocolatespring

Answer by Chocolatespring at 9:35 PM on Nov. 28, 2012