What do buy boyfriend's daughter for Christmas?

I really want to get my boyfriend's daughter a Christmas present. (And he wants to buy something for my DS as well.)

We have been dating for 4 months now, but the four of us are pretty close. We do a lot together so I think it is appropriate for me to buy her a gift.

She's 5 & started kindergarten this year. She doesn't really have a lot of girly toys & dolls. I think the one doll I've ever seen her play with is mixed in w/ my son's stuff now...lol. She likes Angry Birds & stuff like that. And she has a few board games like Pop the Pig. Her dad is kind of a nerd...so she's into more nerdy stuff, I guess. She was a Ninja Turtle for Halloween. She's always playing those games like Angry Birds on his phone. She has an Angry Birds board game, too...and a couple plush toys. So I was thinking of something Angry Birds...but I wanted to get something more special or unique I guess. They're not really into girly-girl stuff or dress up. What should I get?!

I'm also thinking of something for him...I know what kinda stuff he likes...I was thinking about some shirts...or something having to do with the Dexter tv show...I saw some stuff online that he might like. I don't knoooow!!!!

paige8608

Asked by paige8608 at 11:25 AM on Nov. 24, 2012 in Shopping

• Does she not have girly stuff because she doesn't like it or because her dad wouldn't think to buy it for her? Is there a craft kit or hobby kit that you could do with her? They have those new "girl" Lego sets out too that I'm hoping my dd gets into when she's older (she's 2)

Answer by missanc at 11:29 AM on Nov. 24, 2012

• I think she has some girly stuff...I know that he's not really into it. But more often I see her playing Angry Birds or Ninja Turtles or swords or something. Def her dad's influence, no doubt!

I was actually thinking craft kit or something. I know he's pretty crafty, so I think he would appreciate that I got her something like that. And I love the girl Legos! I remember having something like that as a kid...but the dolls were much bigger. My brother & I played Legos all time and I still have a mine. I think those are cute too!
    paige8608

Comment by paige8608 (original poster) at 11:33 AM on Nov. 24, 2012

• They have a lot of the craft kits at walmart and they have many different kinds to choose from
    SkylaReneeMom

Answer by SkylaReneeMom at 1:50 PM on Nov. 24, 2012

• I'm not sure how the TV is where you live but, if I want to find out what either of my daughters really wants for Xmas all I have to do is watch the kiddy TV they watch for an hour or so with them. The ads for toys are all over the place and there really isn't any doubt about what they want! Try it! She may be aching for a Princess set for all you know! Maybe she doesn't dare suggest what she likes to her father. Maybe she is a girly girl at heart. Take the time to watch and listen :)
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 2:37 PM on Nov. 24, 2012

• What she likes that you can afford.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 10:32 PM on Nov. 25, 2012