Help: I am 24 hours away from any family?

I am living in Az and All of my family are in Mo. I Have two babys one that is 14 months old and one that is 4 months I never have a break just for my self. I really do not trust other people with my kids. I am scared to leave my kids with people that I do not know. So what do I do? I really think that a break would really help me

jyssi1557

Asked by jyssi1557 at 3:33 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• Find a momma's group in your area and make friends. Try meetup.com or yahoo's groups. Just search for play groups, play dates, or mom's groups. Also try www.MomsClub.org and www.MOPS.org. Both are huge national (and international) mom's groups with local chapters everywhere. Once you make a friend or two, you can swap babysitting duties and you may get leads on good babysitters for a small outing for yourself. Even an hour sitting in the park reading a book can work wonders.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:40 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Join a church and get to know by putting your babies in sunday nursery the teens and older elem. kids who volunteer there. Also some hospitals run babysitting classes maybe kids register for there for sitting jobs and also the red cross lots of times run babysitting classes. Are you breastfeeding? Some la leche groups have offshoots of mommy and baby groups. Don't give up!!
    Anonymous

• I also did not trust anybody when my kids where young. It will be hard. You just have to join moms groups and get to know people. Also you can leave them with their dad for a couple of hours.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:31 PM on Feb. 11, 2009