Women with hypothyroidism..Can hypo switch to hyper?

The last time I got tested they said I was still low but producing a lot of t3 and t4 hormone..
Hyperthyroidism is where you produce too much and hypo is where you don't produce enough..
I was just wondering if it could turn in to hyper? Or if that means my hypo is doing good?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Health

• I'd like to add I have an issue with sleeping, it's hard for me to sleep and I also get hot easy..So I was just wondering?
    Anonymous

• I do not know first hand about this issue but my sister had her thyroid killed with radiation. She does go back an forth between hyper and hypo. Almost every time she has blood work done she is off one way or another and they have to adjust her meds. She is also super skinny and any weight change seems to make a difference for her. She had different symptoms depending on weather she is hyper or hypo. Wish I could help more.

Winter711

Answer by Winter711 at 3:46 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• If your doctors have you on too much meds it very well could cause you levels to be way too high. I wouldn't think that it could switch. Either it works or doesn't. But I very well could be wrong, so don't quote me. When I was pregnant they had to increase my medicine intake, but forgot to reduce it after I had the baby. I started to have heart palpitations, constant sweating, and couldn't sleeping because I was receiving too much. Hope that helps some.
    KJDsMommy

Answer by KJDsMommy at 3:52 PM on Feb. 11, 2009