wondering...

I have had really bad pain in my pelvic area for a while now and as I'm getting farther along it is getting worse which I assumed would happen. I am going on 8 month's and the pain has intensified incredibly to the point I can't walk sometimes. Just this morning as I was getting into my car I heard and felt a pop in the pelvic area and it worried me. I am starting to get period-like cramps that feel somewhat like a small contraction for like 30-40 seconds. I am getting worried these are signs I am going into labor early. This happening to anyone else?

faithsMoM27

Asked by faithsMoM27 at 3:57 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i used to get that all the time with my other pregnancies- when u get further along in ur pregnancy ur hips and pelvic bones loosen up to accomodate the babys head passing through at birth so the popping and cracking is all normal but if it becomes too painful u might want to ask ur dr about it- but wut always worked with me- i would get a big work out ball and sit on it with my legs slightly open and i would rock around and it always helped loosen things up! try it and good luck!
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 4:24 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• well the pelvic pain is due to you getting close to delivery, you body releases chemicals that loosen the ligaments and stuff, which is especially for the one in the middle of your pelvis to allow it to open and let the baby out, sometimes it will pop and crack that is all normal and it can also hurt like a dickens. as for the cramping thing that is not due to the pelvic situation, it might be small contractions like false labor, try to change positions and to rest if it doesn't go away call you doc.

setliff

Answer by setliff at 4:03 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Your baby could have dropped causing the pain/pressure.
    Anonymous