what can i do?!?!?

ok so my daughter is 9 mos and still wakes up durring the night and very frequently but its not for a bottle she just wakes up how can i get her to stay asleep all night or is she still in the learning stages of that

blue_eyes11

Asked by blue_eyes11 at 4:00 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter is 10 mo. and she wakes up a couple times a night here and there. Everyone wakes up at night...it is part of a normal sleeping pattern. At 9 mo. your daughter is starting to have more vivid dreams which may be why she is waking. She is also probably doing new stuff....crawling, babbling, pulling up to standing, etc. which can often cause night wakings. Have you tried just waiting a few minutes to see if she'll go back to sleep on her own? I usually give my daughter 10 minutes before I go in there. 9 times out of 10 she goes back to sleep on her own. Try putting something soothing in bed with her - stuffed animal, pacifier (if she takes one), etc.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:13 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Find something that soothes her maybe? My son is 5 months and has been sleeping through since 2 1/2 months. However, he's been going to bed at 6 and wakes up around 5:30-6. If he wakes up at four, I have this thing where it plays lullabys or classical music and if you point it up on the ceiling or wall it will flash 4 different images, and I'll put that on and he'll fall back asleep for another hour or so. The music plays for 15 minutes and he's usually asleep within 5-10.
    Anonymous

• My DD is almost 21 months an still doesn't sleep all through the night, but neither do most adults. Give it time, it will happen when SHE is ready. You cannot control that.
    hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 4:26 PM on Feb. 11, 2009