labor?

i have 2 1/2 more weeks until im due.. & i have been having pains for weeks my doctor said they are contractions.. but they dont have a pattern to them.. it can go from half an hour then every 10 minutes then back to every half hour.. the pain gets worse & worse every time, but i dont know if i should worry about it or not? the baby is still very active, my water hasnt broke, but i have had a increase in discharge.. & i cant keep anything in my stomach.. every time i eat i get sick & either have to use the bathroom or throw up within 10 minutes.. im not sure if that is a real sign or not but ive had several people tell me that happened to them a few days before they had their baby.. is this something i should worry about or call the hospital.. cuz when ever i ask my doctor about any thing she blows it off like its nothing.. she still hasnt checked me once to see if im even dialated.

meagan1088

Asked by meagan1088 at 4:02 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would just go to the hospital. Wouldn't hurt. You could be dialted pretty far, or not at all! But if your concerned then just go to the hospital n have a nurse check you out :) good luck!
    kylie_2008

Answer by kylie_2008 at 4:07 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Well, I don't think it is anything to worry about, just keep track of your contractions. When they get to about 5 minutes apart and they don't change when you situp/laydown/standup, then you need to head to the hospital. My daughter came three weeks early and I was shocked at how uneventful it was. I felt like I was having period cramps. My water broke which was not a gush for me...just a little trickle. They got closer together and a little more intense and I went to the hospital. I was sure they were going to send me home and tell me I wasn't actually in labor but sure enough, I had her that night. The fact that your contractions are getting stronger makes me think you could be headed for labor. Keep track of the timing. Good Luck!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:09 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• i had gone to the hospital a few weeks ago because of really bad stomach pains that wouldnt go away.. & they told me just relax when ever i get any pain so ill try to lay down whenever they get close together.. but they hurt no matter what i do.. ill try drinking water & it makes me want to throw up & ill try getting up to walk it off & as soon as i step out of bed it hurts so bad that im almost at tears wtih it..
    meagan1088

Answer by meagan1088 at 4:15 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I was told to drink lots of fluids that sometimes when you're dehydrated you can cramp up a lot more, if you can't keep food down, try soups, applesauce or toast etc.. light foods that shouldn't make you sick. My husbands ex wife had severe back labor before she was even remotely ready to have her baby. You don't want to become the boy that cried woof and rush in everytime you have cramps or pains, but don't completely try to just ignore it either. Listen to what your bodies telling you. If you lay down does it make it worse or better? What about a nice bath, or back rub? Maybe if you stay in bed like maybe they could put you on bedrest if it's getting that bad.. Some of my friends tell me there water never broke, so maybe yours won't. I had my daughter 1 week early, they should be checking you FOR SURE when you go in to the OBGYN or ER to see if you're dialated or not. I'd be yelling at them and telling them to do there jobs
    Anonymous

• i even got sick eating a popsicle today.. everything i put in my mouth upsets my stomach.. but im still tryin to drink alot of water cause thats what they told me to do.. but it hasnt helped.. but nothin helps i tried all kinds of positions to lay in or sit in & no better.. but last time i went to the dr 2 weeks ago she asked me if i was dialated.. i was like uh idk & she said ok ill see you in a week.. last time she checked me in any way i was like 5/6 months & it was because i had ran into something & wanted to be sure i didnt mess anything up.. but i dont wanna be the lady thats up there every week cuz of nothin thats why im hesitant to even call..
    meagan1088

Answer by meagan1088 at 8:19 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I had contractions from 28 weeks with my daughter. They were just like you said, 20 minutes, then 5 then an hour. never regular but always painful. She only ended up being 5 days early. This baby started about 30 weeks and they are god awful. I have them all day every day. The only thing I have found that helps is to drink tooonnnsss of water. I know it's hard but I have noticed a definite difference between the days that i don't get enough water and the days i do. i would say the upset stomach isn't necessarily related. A lot of times nausea and upset stomach come back in the last trimester. My dr.s rule for me was any time I felt more than 4 contractions in an hour, he wanted me to go into the er. Call your doc and make her give you more info. Good luck and hang in there! It's hard to deal with contractions for months but you can do it :)
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 12:27 AM on Feb. 12, 2009