Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

I got married 2 years ago, i left my daughter in my house with the understanding she had 1 year to move out I pay all the bills there plus the mortage. I have not been able to help my husband with the bills in his house because i continue to pay the bills at the other house, now it is going on 2 years and she still refuses to move,how do i get her out.I have given here dead line after deadline,i have told her I will get the law to make her move.

My daughter is 27 and my 2 yr. old grandson lives there,I turned off the house phone,hoping she would get the message,She Knows I want to sell the house.

Answer Question

Asked by honeyg1959 at 3:20 PM on Nov. 25, 2012 in Adult Children (18+)

Level 1 (3 Credits)
Answers (19)
  • Put the house up for sale. How old is she?

    Answer by DJDNY at 3:21 PM on Nov. 25, 2012

  • you can stop paying the electric etc/cancel the account... or put the house on the market... the big for sale sign in the front yard should paint a clear pic!!

    Answer by Crafty26 at 3:22 PM on Nov. 25, 2012

  • Less saying, more doing. If you keep giving her deadlines and don't stick to them, why on earth would she take the next one seriously?

    Answer by NotPanicking at 3:22 PM on Nov. 25, 2012

  • My daughter is 27 and my grandson who is 2 yrs. old. She knows I want to sell the house.If it were not for having bad credit I would stop paying the mortage.I turned off the house phone.

    Comment by honeyg1959 (original poster) at 3:29 PM on Nov. 25, 2012

  • You can simply have a legal assistance start by sending a demand for payment and notice to move . Be sure you take all the bills and, including mortgage payments with you.
    Then go to court and file for eviction. Sue if you like. After the judge grants the eviction it will b several days before the county comes and posts the notice of eviction on the door. Here they will try to deliver the second copy to the person named butit is not required. They are granted a certain amount of time to move, here it is generally 2 weeks.If she has not moved of her own accord they county stands there as everything is removed from the premesis (you will have to do this or hire someone) The officers stand there the whole time.
    Have the locks changed. at the time of the move out. The officer will walk through and be sure nothing has been left, your daughter will be allowed to accompany him .


    Answer by Dardenella at 3:36 PM on Nov. 25, 2012

  • Then you no longer have any responsibility for her things. Sad but true vultures will come and take things they want once the officer has left but that is your daughter's choice. She can take the information and move or sit there stubbornly and be evicted.
    Do not back down.

    Answer by Dardenella at 3:41 PM on Nov. 25, 2012

  • Turn of all services (electric, water, etc), move for eviction, put the house up for sale. She will have to move when you don't own it anymore.

    Answer by theMOMmission at 3:43 PM on Nov. 25, 2012

  • Do not stop paying the essential bills you will only hurt yourself in the long run. The phone, cable etc absolutely and go to each saying that she is in this home against your wishes and as owner of the home you will NOT authorize them being reinstalled. You personally will come in and have them reinstalled as needed.

    Answer by Dardenella at 3:44 PM on Nov. 25, 2012

  • Stop paying the bills. Let the electric, water, gas, everything go out. Charge her rent or have the law remove her.

    Answer by Kword at 3:55 PM on Nov. 25, 2012

  • Tell her, except for the  mortgage, property tax, and home owners insurance, you will no longer be paying any of the other bills.  If they are in your name go and tuen them off. If they are in her name just stop paying them. 

    You want her out now. go talk to a lawyer or the police. See if their is a way to kick her out.


    Answer by louise2 at 4:00 PM on Nov. 25, 2012

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.