yet another valentines day dillema :)

I want to do something nice for my fiance for vday. I'm 19 weeks pregnant and we are living with his step-father ( so not really much Privacy, save for in our own bedroom)
I want to make a nice meal for him with candles etc.., BUT for some strange reason his step- father (is wierd, and it's his house..i change anything he gets upset yadda yadda yadda) uses the kitchen table to feed the CATS on, not for eating meals on.
so we are forced to eat in the living room on the coffee table and share with the dogs.. Anyways that's out of the question ...
I feel like a bloated cow and not very sexy.. we CAN have sex, but he's the one that has some aversion to it, not because he is unattracted to me, it's the "fear of hurting me or the baby".
Romantic comedies are not his "thing",and we are broke...he's budgeted out some money to send me flowers on Sat and I love him for it, but i have nothing to give him in return, any ideas ladies?

AshleyRoseG

Asked by AshleyRoseG at 4:17 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• How about dinner in bed? Make him his favorite dinner and serve it to him on a tray. Afterwards, give him a massage. I know you said he doens't like romantic comedies but how about renting two movies, one he would like, and one you would like and watch them together or maybe rent one both of you would like.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 4:22 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• What about making him a card from you about him becoming a father? The movie doesn't have to be romantic..it could be something funny y both would enjoy and you could just spend time together. I like playing cards and sometimes our best conversations are over a game of rummy.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:29 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Take a walk outside if it is warm enough and in a mall otherwise. Hold hands. Talk. Joke. Get an inexpensive meal someplace. Talk. Smile. An evening of quality together time looking into each other's eyes and smiling. If you can afford a movie, then fine, but if not, just walking and talking.

Answer by Bmat at 4:31 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Me and JeremysMom are thinking alike, Turn that bedroom into a "Bistro" with some dinner and music. Then a massage for both of you, (bet you'd like those footsies massaged), and get or make a card, or write him a love letter or something. Love doesn't have to be expensive. Happy Valentine's Day!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 4:48 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Martha Stewart has a lot of great ideas on her website. I am making my dh some chocolate mocha heart shaped brownies and truffles from a pretty easy recipe that I got off her site.
    lilymama03

Answer by lilymama03 at 5:47 PM on Feb. 11, 2009