Almost two year old cracked his little brother in the head.?

My almost two year old son threw his cup and it cracked my 5 month old son in the forehead on the right side close to hairline. He is acting normal and playing, but it left a small bruise and is a little red. Should I just watch it or do I need to go to ER? It is Sunday and our clinics aren't open, but I don't feel the ER is really needed or am I wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:11 PM on Nov. 25, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Chances are the baby is fine. This won't be the first time the baby gets nailed by the toddler. If the baby starts to act funny, cries, or vomits unexpectedly, then please do take him to the ER, otherwise, chalk it up to 'crap happens'.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:14 PM on Nov. 25, 2012

• That makes me feel better. My toddler is constantly getting his own head he is way to active lol, but with a baby I wasn't sure if I had to look for the same things.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:18 PM on Nov. 25, 2012

• I would just keep a close eye on the baby!!! If your worried somtimes just going will make you feel better.
    theresamarie77

Answer by theresamarie77 at 6:12 PM on Nov. 25, 2012

• A bump on the head is a good sign too. Better the swelling happen outside than inside.
    Anonymous

• Should I be worried because he doesn't really have a bump?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:27 PM on Nov. 25, 2012

• My dd got nailed alot y her older brother with his cup. The first time it happened, I freaked and we took her to the e.r. The doc there told me that if it happened again, I should watch for her acting funny, a change in her appetite (eating more or less) and her eyes staying dialated. As long as none of those signs where present, he said she would be fine. And, she was every other time she got bonked on the head. She still seems to get frequent bumps, but most of the time they are her own fault. She is 5 and a clutz. lol
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 12:41 AM on Dec. 28, 2012