What does a Cancerous Breast Lump feel like?

My breast have always been a little lumpy. I feel stupid asking this but how do you know the difference in whats normal and what to worry about??? I'm scared to go to the doc about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Health

• You shouldnt feel scared to go to the dr I know it can be a scary situation Ive been there myself but I work for a dr who specializes in breast cancer and performing breast exams its only going to hurt you if you wait and you need that piece of mind Some women have lumpy breast tissue and that may be your body but you really should get it checked out. I had a breast lump and it turned out to be breast tissue Go to dr Good luck
    Kimmma

Answer by Kimmma at 4:36 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Bottom line is there's only one way to tell. YMe has a 24 hour help line. For someone with cancer they can even pair up with a a volunteer who's been in a similar place. Same with JHUH breast center - their q and a section is fantastic beyond belief. I have had breast problems for years and two biopsies. It is scary. Google JHUH Breast Center and their Q and A section. You can call with questions too and if they can they'll answer to whatever degree they can. Keep your hands busy and that keeps your mind busy. Keeping your mind busy to begin with I've found going through my own scares didn't work worth sh@%. Breathe out frequently with long slow breaths that helped my mind and my heart beat to slow down. Keep your hands and feet too busy and your brain is busy - jogging? paint a room!! paint a wall paint your garage or basement - keep your hands busy and you'll get the courage to see this through. Write again.
    Anonymous

• CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT IT FEELS LIKE?
    Anonymous