Can anyone give suggestions on who to go with to have a VBAC in Corpus Christi?

We're in the military, I'm almost 30 weeks pregnant, and really scared because I just read that Corpus has one of the highest C-section rates in the country! We'll be living on the South side of Corpus Christi.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you need to call the hospital you will be delivery at and find out if they even allow vbacs many hospitals now days dont and many drs wont do them. So call around and find a dr who will and make sure the hospital does them. good luck.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:33 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I just read your question. Don't have an answer, but I am from Corpus too! Welcome to town. (I live in San Antonio, but lived in CC for 18 years and still visit often!) if you need help around the city let me know, I'll do what I can
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 5:08 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• check with the ICAN network.
    http://www.ican-online.org/
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 5:22 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I second ICAN and also suggest finding a midwife instead of an OB and exploring your birth options. No one can tell you what you can do with your body. You are the one in charge of your birth, no one else.
    NoNonsenseMama

Answer by NoNonsenseMama at 4:40 AM on Feb. 12, 2009