Question about birth control/Mirena

Ok, so I was on the Depo shot right after I had my son. I was on it for about 9 months before it got so bad that I felt like I wasn't even a person anymore. PPD + the shot made me feel like a zombie so I switched to the patch. I had so many problems with the patch, that after about 9 months on that, I went back to the shot. I'm now starting to feel inhuman again and I want to switch to Mirena. However, I'm a bit worried about it and slightly nervous about having it inserted. Has anyone been on it and if so, how bad are the side effects and whatnot?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Health

• I have it and have had no problems/ side effects. Inserting it doesn't hurt at all. Afterwards they say you can have cramping, but I didn't. I did spot for the first two months or so, but other than that it's been great
    dze527

Answer by dze527 at 6:08 PM on Feb. 11, 2009