Decision Time

So let's say you find out that your young teen is smoking pot,and smokes, and you've talked to your child and let them know that it's not acceptable to do and there will be consequences and that this or any drug is unacceptable unless there is a medicinal reason why you should do these drugs.
Now I've been reading the Empowering Parents site and have found that I'm still not sure what to think.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on Nov. 26, 2012 in Teens (13-17)

• i agree with tessiedawg - he shouldn't have any free time with or without friends. he's lost trust with you. he'll need to gain that back before he's off probation,so to say...
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 8:01 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• Sounds like you need to control his money, so he can't easily buy more. Let him know he has broken your trust and needs to rebuild it. Watch him like a hawk. Get to the bottom of who he is hanging out with that smokes pot and ditch those friends. Also let him know it is illegal and won't be tolerated in any circumstances, and if you find it again he will have to answer to the police and court system.
    You said young teen, I'm betting that he's not driving yet and doesn't have a job, so the above won't be that hard to manage. If he is driving and has a job it's a little tougher, but you still can follow through on demanding it not go on in your house, and if he continues, he will learn from the legal consequences.

All of that is pretty much what was said on Empowering Parents. I hope it helps. GL
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 12:37 PM on Nov. 26, 2012

• missanc it's not that part it's knowing what to do that will help. It doesn't really say here do this and it will stop. I'm not great at understanding what I read. And I tried prying that out of him,naturally what kid is going to come out and say oh I get it from so and so.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:27 AM on Nov. 26, 2012

• I'm also wondering what you saw on some website that is making you question telling your son no drugs/smoking???

Answer by missanc at 9:13 AM on Nov. 26, 2012

• Where is getting the money from? Have you asked him for an explanation of why he is doing this when he knows it is wrong?
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 9:06 AM on Nov. 26, 2012

• I'm not really sure what the question is here....
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 8:59 AM on Nov. 26, 2012

• What did you see on the Empowering Parents site that leaves you unsure of what to think?
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 8:41 AM on Nov. 26, 2012