8 weeks pregnant, is a rash normal?

I recently just found out that I'm pregnant. Its been a really long time since I've been through this (my son is 7) and I've never had this happen before.
About 2 weeks ago I developed a rash that looks and itches like hives or an allergic reaction on my arm. It has now spread to my whole right side of my body.
Please if anyone could tell me if this is pregnancy induced, and how to safely treat it or mae it go away would be much appreciated!

tinka_pixie

Asked by tinka_pixie at 2:50 PM on Nov. 26, 2012 in Pregnancy

• I would go get checked out.
    In the meantime, if it's itchy, oatmeal baths (Like Aveeno) - luke warm (hot water can aggrevate a rash). Soak and repeat as necessary
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 2:59 PM on Nov. 26, 2012

• A woman's body can do weird things to you while you are pregnant. Its very possible this could be a "pregnancy" thing, but you still need to get it checked out. It could be baby is actually allergic to something and its affecting you.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 3:52 PM on Nov. 26, 2012

• Because you are pregnant, I also suggest getting it checked out. I wouldn't want to try treating anything without doctor's consent. Of course oatmeal baths and Aveeno lotion, like another lady suggested, would be okay to try.
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 4:56 PM on Nov. 26, 2012

• It's not painful at all. It looks just like hives that are developed with an allergic reaction. It's itchy and unsightly, but that's all. I just want it to stop spreading and go away.
    I have an appointment to see my dermatologist tomorrow, but haven't secured an ob-gyn yet.
    tinka_pixie

Comment by tinka_pixie (original poster) at 5:27 PM on Nov. 26, 2012