Should I??

my son turns 1 March 3rd! I was wondering tho if I should postpone his 1year shots?I've heard alot of bad things about them.Aren't they the same ones he has already gotten?What did you do and how did it turn out?

sara3308

Asked by sara3308 at 4:52 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i thnk its the same as everything else...I was hesitating on the 4 month shots but they were all the same as the 2 month. If youve already gotten them you might as well keep him on the schedule.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 4:53 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I remember I postponed my daughters shots until after her birthday party, since she normally runs a fever and doesn't feel very good after she gets them. I did have them done, and although they may be repeats of the shots before, (which I have no clue if they are or aren't,) I would strongly recommend for your baby to have them, some daycare centers will not accept children without having all of there recommended shots, so for future use, I'd get them done now just in case you ever decide to put your baby in daycare or anything like that because they'll force you to get them done whether you think they're repeats or not! You can do it! Happy b-day also little one!
    Anonymous

• I was just wondering the same thing. I actually just emailed my sons doctor to ask if the shots that he is getting next week have mercury in them. The only new shots that I saw on the list that he hasent gotten were the MMR and Hep. A. I can let you know what she says. But thats really up to you. I have done a lot of research on the subject and as long as they don't carry mercury in them then I think its fine.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 4:59 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Do your research. ... if I list the crazy things that are IN the vaccination (hint - NOT just germs & water!) I'll get accused of fear-mongering ... so research for yourself. Midwifery Today magazine has a website, Dr Philip Incao has testified to Colorado State congress about it and he has some very detailed info ... I have seen many articles & studies. It DOES make a difference how MANY injections your baby gets ...
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 4:59 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• yeah let me know that would be nice. I've heard it had something to do with the mercury too.Dont shrimp have mercury in it. I used to eat it sometime when I was preggo. Do you tink it hurt him? Let me sum-n -k-...also let me know sum-n waldorfmom. Is it ok for me to give yall me e-mail on here?
    sara3308

Answer by sara3308 at 5:04 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Yes, shrimp do have it in there, but not enough. I don't think it hurt him, but I always worry about shots.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 5:19 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Here is the doctors response. Hope this helps.....

Carter is due for pneumococcal conjugate booster; hepatitis A vaccine; measles, mumps, rubella vaccine; and the chicken pox vaccine at the one year visit. He has only had the pneumococcal vaccine prior. None of the vaccines contain mercury. At 18 months, Carter will be due for diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis vaccine and hepatitis A booster. Hope that helps. Feel free to discuss further with Dr. DeSouza at your appointment.

NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 5:21 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Thanks..thats a relief right?! I think we have a desouza here too! Funny huh!
    sara3308

Answer by sara3308 at 5:23 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Your welcome. I had to find out too because my son's 1 year appointment is next week.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 5:25 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I dread it actually. My son already has a bad attitude. So he is going to be GRUMPY lol. Hope ya babe does good. Let me know how he does!
    sara3308

Answer by sara3308 at 5:28 PM on Feb. 11, 2009