So, i have gone to high protein, low carb, walking, water & NO weight loss?

wth? I am 252lbs so I should have lots of extra flab that could fall off right away. what am I missing here?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:23 PM on Nov. 26, 2012 in Diet & Fitness

• Not necessarily. There are medical reasons for weight gain. Is this a physician approved or recommended program you are doing? You really should be checked out by a physician at that weight no matter what kind of program you decide on. It could be dangerous to your body otherwise.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:24 PM on Nov. 26, 2012

• Are you counting calories? No matter what you eat, you MUST take in less calories than you burn in order to lose weight.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:25 PM on Nov. 26, 2012

• i have been checked my my physician not less than 1 month ago. I see her regularly for allergies and such. I am fully approved for a diet program.

Calories? YES! I am taking in LESS than I am burning...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:26 PM on Nov. 26, 2012

• High protein low carb didn't work for me at all.

I just gave myself 1500 calories a day, walked briskly for 30 minutes every morning and drink only water. I'm down close to 40 lbs in six months
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 6:29 PM on Nov. 26, 2012

• How high are your calories? It seems like eating less would make you lose faster, but it doesn't work like that. You have to eat enough in order to burn.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:31 PM on Nov. 26, 2012

• i'm almost wondering if i should ditch the low carb and just focus on portion control. everything in moderation, right. I am walking at least 30 minutes/day and I will start my wii fit workout this next week. Not this week though since my car is busted and I need to walk 4miles a day to pick up my son from school. yuck =)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:33 PM on Nov. 26, 2012

• my calories are pretty low right now. around 600 per my nutritionist. she wants 600-800 per day.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:34 PM on Nov. 26, 2012

• It was so much less painful to me to just to portion control, get rid of the crap I was eating and do a little exercise.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 6:34 PM on Nov. 26, 2012

• This is a BS question. 600-800 calories as instruction by a medical nutritionist. Not happening Hon.
    Anonymous

• absolutely, mrs_prissy, plus then you don't go crazy one day and eat every carb in sight.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:36 PM on Nov. 26, 2012