Anyone have experience dealing with MTHFR?

I have had 2 miscarriages and I wanted to know why. My new doctor had a series of blood tests done on me and come to find out I have what they call MTHFR. Its a gene mutation that you are born with. I've tried to research as much as I can but still really confused. I'm hoping for a healthy pregnancy along with my baby. I know it causes blood clotting disorder called Thrombophilia which is something else i tested high for. Have you dealt with this and had a healthy pregnancy?

Cubsgirl02

Asked by Cubsgirl02 at 4:53 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes, I dont know what MTHFR is but I too had a miscarriage at 8 weeks, and then lost Noah at 6 months pregnant. I finally had Carter who is a year old today. But I too had a blood clotting disorder. Just make sure when you get pregnant again that they watch you like a hawk. I was considered high risk and saw the doctor once every week. Good luck. and sorry to hear about your losses
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 4:57 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I have a blood clotting disorder called Antiphospholipid Antibodies and I had 3 miscarriages before finding out. I have a few friends who had miscarriages and found out that they have MTHFR. I and my friends had to go on baby aspirin daily and then had to take either Heparin or Lovenox injections once we got pregnant. We have all had at least one healthy baby since our diagnosis and since getting on the meds.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 11:33 PM on Feb. 11, 2009