How many kids do you know that has had febrile seizures???

My daughter has had 2 febrile seizures and I'm just wondering how common this is. It worry's me sooooooo much.

lexes27

Asked by lexes27 at 4:59 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Health

• I have known one. My nephew. At my house. It scared the crap out of all of us and he ended up in the ER.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 5:41 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I have known 2 children. It isn't as bad as it looks like it is...it's actually pretty common in young children. That doesn't make it any less scary though.
    Anonymous

• From what I understand I had them pretty regularly until I was about 2 years old, then they stopped. My mom wrote about them in my baby journal and they sounded scary. I guess I ended up at the hospital a couple times in tubs of ice or being rubbed down with alcohol to bring the fever down.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 6:07 PM on Feb. 11, 2009