What is the benefit of breastfeeding your baby

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:08 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you just opened up a can of worms honey lol!
    Anonymous

• the best nutrients for yuor baby because they get your antibodies and it helps build their immunity. also, about 80% less chance of needing tubes in thier ears. but its just a personal decision. If youre the one that just spoke your mind about Bfing vs. Bottle don't you know already?
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 5:10 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• How is that a can of worms? Maybe she wants to be more educated on it.

Anonymous

• antibodies, its free.... hey what did that one lady say i opened it and it was deleted, the lady who said she had to speak her mind about bottle feeding vs breast feeding
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 5:11 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Well, let me tell ya. I have two adult children. One was breastfed, the other not. Is there a difference in either. NO! They both have had the same health issues, allergies, etc. Nope, notta, zilch! As long as you feed the child, who cares how it's accomplished!
    Anonymous

• I don't think she is opening up a can of worms unless some rude people bring up formula instead of sticking to the question about BREAST MILK.
    Anonymous

• I was breastfed my sister wasn't Im smarter LOL
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 5:12 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Oops, I spoke too late...Anon above me already said it!
    Anonymous

• There are a lot of benefits to breastfeeding. But I honestly believe that its up to the mother to do what she wants and what she feels comfortable doing. I breastfed my son for the 1st month, but then I couldn't produce enough milk for him so I switched to formula. I didn't feel bad for it, it had to be done. He is great, and growing like a weed. Follow your heart on what ou should do, but if you need more information just google the pro's and con's. My sister in law didn't breastfeed any of her kids and they are just fine also.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 5:13 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Breastmilk has antibodies. Breast milk has every nutritional source that the baby needs that formula can't provide (No offense at all on that, I don't care if mother's formula feed)
    It helps them not get sick. It helps most mothers lose weight...
    It has a CRAP LOAD of benefits.
    Anonymous