Have your kids ever had a...

Tonsilectomy? ( sp)
My 4 year old goes in on Thursday to get her tonsils and adenoids removed. We have to drive there and back 2 1/2 hour drive.... and I'm very nervous for her... I had mine removed at 7... but don't remember much. Any ticks you could share? Anything I should know???

Asked by mommyofAurora at 9:58 PM on Nov. 26, 2012 in Kids' Health

• Lots of Popsicles and soft foods. I never had mine taken out nor my kids but my mother dis

Answer by funlovinlady at 10:01 PM on Nov. 26, 2012

• No dairy at first. It sticks to the sores and increases mucous production. Nothing red colored. You don't want to confuse it with blood r vice versa.. That's what I remember from mine.

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:07 PM on Nov. 26, 2012

• 4 year old granddaughter has it done twice actually. The second time, the tonsils had started to grow back. The first time everything went smoothly and they sent her home the same day. The second time, it was more complicated because of her tubes being redone and all, so they kept her overnight. She wasn't too bad.

Answer by m-avi at 10:07 PM on Nov. 26, 2012

• Thank you ladies!!

Comment by mommyofAurora (original poster) at 10:09 PM on Nov. 26, 2012

• My son had this done and doesn't catch colds or get infections like he use to. He sleeps much more soundly!

Answer by MarGeee at 11:09 AM on Nov. 27, 2012

• Hope everything comes out great with your baby

Answer by Alisim at 6:08 PM on Nov. 27, 2012