I am nine weeks, i suffer from anxiety really bad....

i used to be on xanax but obviously i cant take it anymore, i am so afraid of feeling like i cant breath it is taking over my life....other women told me they felt like the baby was suffocating them..... i am scared to death of this. any advice? does it really feel like you cant breathe?

janusekn19

Asked by janusekn19 at 5:15 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i had HORRIBLE anxiety, i was prescribed zoloft and i was much better
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 5:16 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• ya i was going to say they can put you on meds they don't like to but they can
    scared_mommy16

Answer by scared_mommy16 at 5:17 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• yeah i neeeeeded them. i was nuttier than squirrel poop my pregnancy
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 5:18 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• lol ya i'm bi polar but something about my pregnancy is actually helping don't ask me cause i have no idea i'm not on any meds or anything
    scared_mommy16

Answer by scared_mommy16 at 5:20 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• they can put you on zoloft...or you can just talk about what youre feeling anxious about, and do not worry about lil things.Just breath girl you'll be fine. I have anxiety too, but I cant afford the meds so I just talk to someone I can trust.
    Anonymous

• I often used the phrase, I can't breathe, while pregnant but never did I mean it was a suffocating feeling. It just meant that there was less room to take a deep breath. You'll run out of breath more easily when active such as maybe trying to walk quickly. And you might find that it'll be easier to sleep if you use more than one pillow. I am a side sleeper so that helped. It takes the weight of the baby off you. I'm curious, have you seen an OB yet? My daughter who's been on antidepressants since she was 13 due to a severely traumatic experience was able to take something while she was pregnant with all three of her children and continues even while breastfeeding. This is under her Dr.s supervision of course. My point is that there is something you can take for your anxiety in place of the Xanax. I'm not positive as to what she's taking so I don't want to venture a guess right now but I will find out if you'd like. Good luck!
    9Rmine

Answer by 9Rmine at 5:27 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I had to ween myself of my medication. I had one panic attack this whole pregnancy and I'm 38 weeks now.. If you talk about feeling smothered then you will feel smothered.. Try not to think about things like that. best of luck!
    lisacieslak

Answer by lisacieslak at 5:32 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• you should talk to you OB, there are anti-anxeity meds you can take while pregnant, or maybe than get you some therapy that really helped me alot. good luck to you
    geminishadow79

Answer by geminishadow79 at 5:56 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I took Zoloft during my pregnancy for my anxiety. It really helped. Talk to your doctor.
    JudesMomma

Answer by JudesMomma at 6:23 PM on Feb. 11, 2009