back labor

i have a one year so i know what labor feels like kinda i really cant remember it hurting like this... they say that im in the first stage of labor and to just wait and im trying but i keep having really bad cramps in my back occasionally ill have them rap around but mostly my back is the area that im cramping i have cleaned alot today and think im nesting i have a bad back anyways but this pain isnt like the pain i feel on a day to day basis my question is could it be back labor or just something else i dont wanna go to the hospital again and just be sent home id rather wait to see im only 37wks and one day prego so idk

bugbug07

Asked by bugbug07 at 5:21 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• imo back labor is excrutiating (sp) i have never felt a pain like that. if when you do go in to the hospital and are still having back pain take tennis balls to rub up and down your back, i swear it helps
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 5:26 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I feel the same way like someone is sitting on my back and giving it a push. I don't know if it's labor, but it's real uncomfortable. I would just wait it out and see if you get to the point that you can't take it anymore. I hate going to the hospital and feeling like a moron too... I've had several bouts with braxton hicks thinking... ok this is it. I'm glad this pregnancy I haven't been to the once LOL. So I guess to answer your question sure it could be back labor, but maybe just good old regular back pain form pregnancy. I'm about as far as you are... so fingers crossed hope you have better luck than I do.
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 5:27 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• If you have the ability to get a hot shower ... it will help ... or have someone that will rub your back during the labor, you will see a big difference. When it gets too bad - ask the doctor for help with medicine.
    Cuddlesbear

Answer by Cuddlesbear at 5:31 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• yeah it could be..you may just be getting closer to the real thing.Since you have a one year old, your body just went thru this so its possible that it could hurt more.Plus every preg. isdifferent. Even for yourself.Go to the hospital if it gets worse tho. No sense being in pain.I would hate if you were in labor and didnt relize it til it was to late!
    Anonymous

• I had back labor for 18 hours that the epidural did not help. I screamed and cried nearly the entire time. It sounds like labor to me. :( I really hope you don't end up with back labor. HUGS.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 5:40 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• back labor is much easier to handle in water. If the hospital has a labor tub use it!!! It makes a huge difference
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 6:31 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• and lift your belly durring contractions, I have heard it helps durring back labor
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 6:33 PM on Feb. 11, 2009