Anyone else have trouble with ovulation kits? I get mixed results. I get periods 26-28 days. I see change is mucus and temp changes but no results on kit. Anyone else???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I never used a kit but when I went through infertility issues for 4 years I hit the internet. I discovered that you get pregnant not based upon your last period but when your next one's coming. I was always about 10 days late so when I adjusted my days to conceive for 10 days past what I'd been trying... I got pregnant with no problems. Twice.
    9Rmine

Answer by 9Rmine at 5:34 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• temps change is the most important thing, sometimes ovulation isnt picked up on a kit
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 5:35 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• i have notice that when I use ovulation kits I don't get a positive until late in my cycle. My cycle is about 30-32 days and I didn't get a positive until day 20.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 7:37 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• My doctor says, the time between your ovulation and start of period is always fixed at 14 days, but the time between your end of period and ovulation could vary. (Just as 9Rmine says above). So count backwards from your next expected period. I am trying to test this out myself as we have been trying to concieve also. I tried the kit in December but didn't get any surge detection at all... until I ran out of all the tests. Turns out I ovulated much later because of stress and my period was delayed for 12 days. Am planning to try the kit again next month, if I dont get pregnant this month.
    SweKrish

Answer by SweKrish at 11:18 AM on Feb. 12, 2009