How can I help less fortunate children?

I've joined a team in our church and we actually did a great job helping some less fortunate people in our country. It was my first time and I was really happy that I became a part of that event. Now, I've search some of the sites that will help me how I could establish my own work helping some less fortunate children. I found out that I will really need some capital, some volunteers to help me, some companies who want to have the benefits in making their value high in the market and of course documents. I want to make it as simple as it can be. Could you give some good suggestions. I will really appreciate it. Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 AM on Nov. 28, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• Just start giving. You'll be surprised at the help you find once things get moving.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Nov. 28, 2012

• I would start very small with a simple concept, like focusing on diaper donations or socks or even vitamin supplements. Find one thing that you know you know the system is really missing and start building it just like a woman who sells Avon or Scentsy--start with your friends. Set up a 501c charity and get listed on Causes.com. Come up with simple ways to meet others who want to help like a crafts fair and as time and money allows, you can keep growing. Perhaps volumteering at another organization where you ideally see yourself building your charity to be would help.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 9:51 AM on Nov. 28, 2012

• I don't understand your question. Do you want to start your own charity?
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 3:16 PM on Nov. 28, 2012

• Yes!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:04 AM on Nov. 29, 2012

• Hire a consultant to form your 501c3. It will cost about 1500 dollars. I do this as a consultant but you can find one in your area.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 11:27 PM on Dec. 7, 2012