I have this ring but I don't know much about it besides a few things..What's 18 Karat suppose to be?

It's White Gold and says 18 k on it..I'm wanting to know the difference in Karats, I guess. Like what makes them more valuable etc..
It has 16 real diamonds in it surrounding 4 small ruby's in the middle.
It's square and kind of big.
The ruby's are the only thing that I am unsure about being real..But I figure since the rest of the ring is most definitely real they probably are..
Anyway, What's 18 Karat mean as far as it's value etc? Like what's the difference in 18 k, 10 k etc?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:53 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i know that the higher the #Karat the better quality and the purer the gold...

i'm not sure of the exact metal, but when you have a 10kt gold ring it has a more diluted form of gold, and a higher percentage of the other metal, which for some reason copper is sticking out in my head...
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 6:01 PM on Feb. 11, 2009