I want to get both of my boys names tattoed-but I need some good suggestions on where to get them- I want to put one name on each wrist but my husband says that it trashy looking. what do you think?

Goldenbrowny

Asked by Goldenbrowny at 5:57 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• i have a beautiful flower design on my foot wiht my dd's name under it what about something like that? i have words on my wrist and i dont think its trashy at all. so anon can lick me
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 7:17 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I agree, everyone sees your wrists, it's not something you can really hide if need be. Try maybe your ankles?
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 5:59 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• How about placing them on the middle of your shoulder blades?

onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 6:01 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I already have a butterfly in between my shoulders-thanks for the suggestion though
    Goldenbrowny

Answer by Goldenbrowny at 6:05 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I have my son's name tattooed on my wrist and trashy is not a word I would use to describe myself. I am able to cover it up with watches, bracelets, and long sleeves. They also make different creams you can use to cover it up with. I was worried about people seeing it but no one ever questions it and majority think it's adorable considering it is my son's name. I personally don't want a name on both of my wrists so once we have a second child I will have their name connected to my son's name on the same wrist. I know quite a few people who get their child's name on their ankle.

vnw1405

Answer by vnw1405 at 6:08 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• My idea would be in the middle of your back, up between your shoulder blades, but instead of their names only, why not use their astrological sign, one on top of the other like a totum pole on your spine.. I think on your wrists is a lil trashy too, sorry
    MsMESSx2

Answer by MsMESSx2 at 7:42 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Girl...why would you want to get their names tattoed in the first place.
    Anonymous

• I love tattoes and I love my kids- why not?
    Goldenbrowny

Answer by Goldenbrowny at 11:01 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• How about your oldest above the butterfly & the youngest below the butterfly using beautiful writing! The only other suggestion I have would be to just go & talk to the professional artist & ask them what they suggest after telling them your concerns. Surely they would have ideas!
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 1:28 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I wouldn't describe it as trashy but maybe a lil unwise. Unfortunately pp judge you according to the way you look & if you go to a job interview, the interviewer might be turned off by that :( . Can you do it on your shoulder blades?
    ilovebooksfan

Answer by ilovebooksfan at 2:25 AM on Feb. 12, 2009