Anyone else experience this?

After I had my daughter I had moderate migraines that seemed to stem from my spine, but eventually after waiting it out for about a week, they went away. I just had my birthson at the end of January and got a different type of medication because it was a planned c-section. So, instead of just getting an epidural, I got a spinal block. The anesthesiologist said there was only about a 1% chance that I would experience or develop what they call "spinal migraines" from this, but that sure a heck seems to be like what it is.

It starts in my tailbone and travels up through my spine right up into my head. Sometimes I get away with a severe headache or a moderate migraine, but in the past day or two it's been severe migraine that causes the pain to fan out from my spine into all my extremeties above the hips.

I see my doctor on Friday, so I'll definitely be asking, I was jw if any of you ladies had experienced this?

BriasMommy_827

Asked by BriasMommy_827 at 5:57 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Health

• I've never heard of that. Sorry you're going through it. Hope you feel better soon. Let us know what your doctor says.
    Anonymous

• Migraine type headaches happen very frequently after a spinal block or epidural. When you get these done there is the tiny little hole that is left in your spine after it is removed. As a result of the tiny hole some of the spinal fluid might leak, which cause the headache a soon as the hole heals The headache generally stop. Now Sometimes it might take some time for the hole to close so the headache will last longer. As the block and epidurals as you know are in the pine it will feel just as you describe, the path from the tailbone straight to your head as it travels directly up your spine. I know it is hard to do with the new baby but the best way for it to heal is to lay down and stay flat as you can. I stayed with my sis to help her when that happened to her, so she could stay down. It took about 2 weeks for it to stop and then she could enjoy her new son. I hope this helps.
    decafsis

Answer by decafsis at 8:19 AM on Feb. 13, 2009