does anyone ever get so stress that sometimes you notice your hair is falling out? what can I do about that?

after I take a shower and comb out tangles alot of hair be coming out, like big ass
hairballs,I need some help with managing stress how do you mommies calm down and relax after an argument with your man or just been driven crazy by your kids, because I am not trying to become bald before I turn 25, please any advice? I will be grateful

prettymamiof2

Asked by prettymamiof2 at 6:01 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Health

• You might want to get your thyroid levels checked. My hair fell out really bad when my thyroid was out of whack. Thyroid problems can also make you feel more stressed about things than you normally would.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:30 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• On average, a person tends to lose 100-150 hairs per day naturally. If you are losing more than this, you may have a problem. Try to take "me-time." Take a bath, hire a sitter and do lunch and light shopping with a friend. I also always try to never go to bed angry. I try to be heard in my arguements with DH instead of winning the arguements. I don't over-commit myself to things. I've learned to say "no." I stay organized so that I'm not freaking out when I need to find something or something isn't clean when I need it. Hair loss is not uncommon after having a baby. If you feel you're losing too much hair, I'd visit the doctor and have him run some blood tests. While hair loss can be stress related, it can also signify underlying medical problems. Hair loss is a symptom of several different serious Endocrine system disorders. Good luck!
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 6:33 PM on Feb. 11, 2009