Whole milk - organic or regular?

I will be introducing whole milk to my baby from next month. I am just confused if I should give her regular or the organic ones.

revathy

Asked by revathy at 6:10 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• regular whole milk is what they recommend
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 6:12 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Organic..she doesn't need the hormones
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:19 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Organic it is much better :)
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 6:20 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• if everything else you use is organic then i would just stick with that but if your not an organic family then that would kinda defeat the purpose. I believe whole milk is the best for kids. you got to think of it this way.. tou are transitioning your baby from formula which has ALOT of nutrients.. so the next best thing would be whole milk, with it having the most nutrients. That's just what i believe and what my doctor told me.
    luv4adrianna

Answer by luv4adrianna at 6:27 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• there is absolutely no health benefit to organic milk. i know i will get al ot of people yelling at me, but even your doctor will tell you that. in this economy you shouldnt have to pay $6 a gallon, or whatever it costs, for milk that is pretty much the exact same thing. talk to your doc if your still on the fence, but there is no health benefit with organic
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 6:31 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I drink both but grew up on Whole milk. Both of my sons (14 & 3) drink Whole milk as well.
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 6:57 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Hormones WILL go through the milk so it is still a good idea to use organic milk even if you are not 100% organic with everything else.

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 7:00 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Theres no health benefit from regular either Amandu
    Anonymous

• i am wondering the same thing. to me it seems like kids are developing sooo much younger these days, you know? my only thought is that it could be from the growth hormone they have in the milk for the cows to get them to overproduce milk. just to be safe im goin with organic.
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 7:42 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• If you can afford it try Organic. It's a lot easier on the stomach and doesn't have the artificial growth hormones in it. If not regular will be just fine.
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 8:20 PM on Feb. 11, 2009