Anyone here have four or more kids if so how old are they all and what are the pros and cons

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Nov. 28, 2012 in General Parenting

• I only have one but I grew up with 4 siblings. Shawn is almost 10 years older than me, Aaron is 3 years older, my sister is 2 years older, and Phillip is 7 years younger. Having so many siblings is great! The only con was the age differences with shawn(the oldest) and Phillip(the youngest.) One pro to that age difference is having the older kids help with the younger ones when theyre babies and toddlers. But being so many years apart from them, we didnt really play together. but me, aaron and jessie played all the time when we were little. And me Jessie have always been best friends. Hope this helps some.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 2:41 PM on Nov. 28, 2012

• I have 5. My oldest ds is 15 (but approx on a 7-8 yo level), ds 12, dd 11, ds 4 and dd 2. I love it! The older ones help out and the younger ones idolize them for it. It's harder to find things to do as a family with the huge gap in ages. They aren't interested in the same movies or games, when we go to a theme park the little ones want to stay in the kiddie area and the older ones want to go on the roller coasters, etc. But they do find things to do together - ride bikes, all but my 2 yo play wii, etc. and entertain each other somewhat. There's always a lot going on which is good and bad, but whether its a band concert, basketball game, preschool performance, etc, they all support one another.

Answer by missanc at 2:59 PM on Nov. 28, 2012

• I had a huge close family on both sides all of my sibilings cousins and second cousins have always got along as well as kids do. There was the occasional gang up on my younger brother but he turned out great. Im on number 3 and want at least one more before too long
    flowersmama

Answer by flowersmama at 3:59 PM on Nov. 28, 2012

• I have one.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 2:53 PM on Nov. 30, 2012

• I have 4 kids. My oldest is 7(8 in January), then 6, 2(3 at the end of Dec) and 17 months. I love having 4 and I love them being all fairly close in age! I have 2 younger brothers. We are all 2 years apart.
    sarahbell811

Answer by sarahbell811 at 12:33 AM on Dec. 1, 2012