need help with weight loss

ok so i used to be very fit im about 4`11 to 5`0 i used to weigh 120 to me that was perfect now that i had a baby its hard to lose weight im now just about 200lbs omg
and i was wondering about cals and stuff
someone said that if you eat about 2000 cals a day you have to burn all of that and more ? thats alot of working out

so if i eat about 1500 cals a day how much should i burn? to be able to lose about 5 lbs a week or so

truannmil

Asked by truannmil at 6:18 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

Level 1 (-2 Credits)
  • Eat three normal meals and two snacks a day. Good snacks are fruits and veggies. When ever you are eating just think about how you could make that meal just a little healthier or leaner. Don't worry about what you are eating so much that it consumes your thoughts. Get a little exercise everyday (20-30min.) Make it family time together, go on a walk, chase your kids around the house and roll around the living room. As long as you are moving around throughout the day you are burning a lot of calories. Are you moving around a lot? Make sure that when you move, you move fast. Don't try so hard and it will just happen.
    Anonymous

• Go to the Gym for 30 mins to a hour in a half....idk cause im skinny it runnings in the Jeans
    blackjack

Answer by blackjack at 9:06 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I'm in the same boat exactly!! Weight Watchers helped me a lot but it's to expensive right now. I'm just cutting what I eat in half and trying to work out at least 30 mintues at least 3 times a week. I'm trying to do it everyday but that doesn't always work out.
    MrsFizz007

Answer by MrsFizz007 at 9:27 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• It is all about portion control!! You can still eat the same thing but you have to control your portions!! If you have pasta for dinner eat 1 cup, eat lots of veges and fruit (strawberries, apples, blueberries) drink WATER WATER WATER with water you will see a diff. If you want to lose weight you have to drink water! I am the same height as you and was up to 170 now I am 135. I do go to the gym so you have to put exercise in your diet, walk everyday, turn on FIT TV, get some videos. The only enemy you have is yourself and the question is ARE YOU SCARED:) GOOD LUCK!!

determind

Answer by determind at 9:52 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I see no one has answered your question about your proposed 1500 calorie diet vs. burning, and i don't have the answer either. I think there is a gov't. webiste that can answer that--though i'm sorry i don't know the name of it. I know more people who've lost weight easily using food combining methods than any other. They seem to like it because they can eat all the same things, they just have to switch around what they eat when and with what. For instance, the theory goes that combining protein and starch is a no-no, so bye-bye meat and potatoes meals and many sandwiches. A book, Fit For Life, talks about food combining. But I have seen one friend go overboard with it. A guy I dated dropped weight in a matter of months and he was a tall guy and said he was satisfied. Finding what you are willing to do--what works for you that you can sustain, is important. Dr. Phil is doing a thing on weight loss tomorrow i think.
    elizapark

Answer by elizapark at 10:20 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• P.S. I talked about others because i haven't had the need to lose for such a long time, and when I initially needed to lose a long time ago, I used other methods; but i use food combining to maintain where I am, and to keep from feeling bloated and having a bulgy tummy.
    elizapark

Answer by elizapark at 11:35 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Here are some reviews look at these and see what you think http://www.livenbig.com/WeightLoss
    knepppi

Answer by knepppi at 5:55 PM on Apr. 17, 2009