My hubby never initiates sex

A lot of people have a DH or SO that can't keep off of them but mine doesn't really ever touch me anymore. when we kiss or get intimate i always initiate. he makes me feel unwanted.

ever have this problem

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:08 PM on Nov. 28, 2012 in Relationships

• How long have you been married? Have you just had a baby.

Answer by louise2 at 5:18 PM on Nov. 28, 2012

• I have a one year old. we have been together about 3 years married for almost a year
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:22 PM on Nov. 28, 2012

• Spice it up a bit girl! Maybe it's time to make some changes?
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 5:25 PM on Nov. 28, 2012

• Have you asked him about it? How are other aspects of your relationship? Is he distant at other times too?
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 5:32 PM on Nov. 28, 2012

• You need to talk with him. Have a blunt, to the point, very honest conversation about what you want, what he wants, your likes, your needs, etc. Then both of you need to come to a compromise that works for you. Maybe there are things that are bothering him outside of the bedroom that inhibit his desires. If he needs help in another area of life and that leads to better sex for you ... go with it. But I can tell you that you wont make any progress unless you have a very honest conversation.
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 5:43 PM on Nov. 28, 2012

• I had this issue. He was under a lot of stress at work and suffering from some anxiety issues. It really can make a man not interested. We worked on it and he was able to reprioritize things and now we are going great!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:59 PM on Nov. 28, 2012

• Talk to him. Maybe he is depressed or worried. Just try talking to him.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 6:40 PM on Nov. 28, 2012

• Yes, the best thing to do is talk to him about it. If he refuses to. Something else is going on . Affair, medical issues.

Answer by louise2 at 7:36 PM on Nov. 28, 2012

• Before you jump to the conclusion that it is you, that he doesn't want you, or that you are doing anything wrong: talk to him. Make it and "I" conversation, not a "you" conversation. The idea is not to attack him, but to let him know how you are feeling. Communication is one of the biggest and most important elements in any relationship. Believe me, without open and honest communication, your relationship is doomed.

My ex went thru a phase where he didn't initiate. We talked about it and he didn't even realize that he wasn't. I've always had a very healthy sex drive. Women hit their peak around 30. Men hit theirs at 17. It only stands to reason that I'm going to want it more than him now. So, when my current SO doesn't initiate for awhile, I don't take it personal. As long as he isn't turning me down, I don't care who initiates.

Good luck!
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 8:11 PM on Nov. 28, 2012

• Talk with him about it. Have an open discussion and ask him whats up.
    DH cant keep his hands off of me, no matter what. So if he ever stopped, id sit him down and ask him why.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 10:24 PM on Nov. 28, 2012