Do your kids ever get teased because of their name?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Nov. 28, 2012 in Baby Names

• nope

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:52 PM on Nov. 28, 2012

• Yes. We are foster parents and some of the children in our care have names that were clearly chosen while the mother was under the influence. It is really sad sometimes the names that people give to their children.
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 5:53 PM on Nov. 28, 2012

• Also, I was teased quite a lot as a child because of my name.
    theMOMmission

• No
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 5:55 PM on Nov. 28, 2012

• No, but I'm sure in middle school she will. Middle-schoolers are the worst when it comes to teasing.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 5:55 PM on Nov. 28, 2012

• I had a very common name so no real teasing. A boy used to call me jessica rabbit but that was about it lol. My kids have unique names none of them have been teased about them though, but my friends little girls name is Lavendar and she is getting a lot of teasing i guess
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:55 PM on Nov. 28, 2012

• Nope
    oglebogle

Answer by oglebogle at 6:03 PM on Nov. 28, 2012

• No, but I gave them traditional names to avoid that. So many people are looking for "unique" names that the traditional names are quite uncommon.

Answer by missanc at 6:05 PM on Nov. 28, 2012

• No, but one was mispronounced a lot during school.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:13 PM on Nov. 28, 2012

• Teased, no not at this point really. But they go to a fairly homogenous school where a lot of kids have Israeli names. It might change when my youngest goes to public high school. But it might not. DS1 has a friend called Geffen and I've never heard that he's teased about it in their school.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 6:27 PM on Nov. 28, 2012