How do you reward your kids for good grades?

I have teens and it's getting tougher and tougher to get them to focus on the prize! College!!

Asked by madmueller at 5:53 PM on Nov. 28, 2012 in

• The school rewards her for good grades and/or behavior. She received two coupons last month, one for a free personal pizza at Pizza Hut for being a good reader, and one for a free taco from Taco Bell for getting a decent report card. Though good grades are expected, I still like to acknowledge her hard work and i do feel good report cards are cause for a mini celebration (much like a promotion at work) so ill take her to the dollar store and let her pick something out, make her favorite dinner one night, something small but special like that.

Answer by tnm786 at 6:36 PM on Nov. 28, 2012

• I don't reward them for good grades, they're expected.

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:57 PM on Nov. 28, 2012

• High fives. It's their job to have good grades.

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:15 PM on Nov. 28, 2012

• my dd is in 1st grade, if she gets all As she gets a decent "prize" on report card day, if it's As and Bs she gets a smaller prize, no prize for Cs, Ds or Fs....she has A B honor roll right now

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 6:27 PM on Nov. 28, 2012

• I don't reward for good grades. They are expected. I congratulate him and let him know how proud I am but he doesn't get a prize for them.

Answer by kmath at 6:46 PM on Nov. 28, 2012

• A big high5...we're big high5ers in our house. No money or reward or gift. Just a high5.

Answer by dullscissors at 6:49 PM on Nov. 28, 2012

• Grades ARE the reward for hard work. I don't give anything additional. The school does a huge buffet breakfast for all A students. My two middle schoolers are always there.

Answer by missanc at 7:08 PM on Nov. 28, 2012

• We don't.

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Nov. 29, 2012

• well i've yet to get grades for my kids, but when we will they will get the reward of hearing my & DH's pride in their abilities. seriously, good grades will always be expected of them (unless of course they let us know way ahead of time that they are struggling and we try to help them and they just dont get it. we arent going to be cruel about it). now i do think we might have a family dinner out or something like that if all grades are good, but no money or prizes.

Answer by okmanders at 12:39 PM on Nov. 29, 2012

• i feel like a goob for rewarding mine now lol oh well, that's how we roll :) she's doing a great job so far and does well with some type of motivation/ reward system. she does get video games and stuff taken away for Ds and Fs though

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:40 PM on Nov. 29, 2012