please help!! what do i do about my mil that does what she wants to with my kids and dosent lissen to anything i say do

i told her not to give my daughter a sippy cup cuz i was going to wait a little longer but she refuses to give her a bottle...she gives her food that i say not to and i dont know what more i can do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:20 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How about you dont let her see your child anymore?!

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:21 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• just talk to her and tell her those are Ur kids no hers

Anonymous

• I know how you feel. My mom does the same thing with food. She'll give my daughter taste of food I haven't started her on yet. Or she'll tease her with it. I would get so frustrated I told my mom to have another baby and feed it whatever she wanted. I don't see why she wants to rush my daughter with food. I'll give her those things when she's ready.
    Anonymous

• Start by not letting her see them. Talk to her and flat out tell her that she must respect your wishes.

And give her a copy of this:
    http://www.aarp.org/life/grandparents/sharetime/Articles/a2004-01-16-grandparentsrole.html
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:33 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I wouldn't get angry but I definitely would set her down & have a serious talk with her. Tell her that you have already planned out your routine with your child & it is only upsetting you to see her working against it. Let her know that you appreciate her intentions but it would help you much better if she would work with you. Let her know that she is a big part in your child's life & that it's important that she sets up the same examples that you as a mother are trying to do. This is your child & she should be respect your ways of raising your child. Talk to her and let her know that it's affecting your relationship with her & you would like to begin again. Let her know that you do understand her opinions & your okay with having different views but at the same time she should respect yours too.

onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 6:55 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• i would just tell her like the PP said that its your child and if she refuses to listen then she will no longer be allowed unsupervised visits with you child.
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 7:35 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I'd tell her once she stopped undermining your authority as a parent, then she could take care of her grandkids again. My mother does the same thing sometimes, but not so much anymore.
    lilmizzie27

Answer by lilmizzie27 at 7:58 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• i agree with the other PP's. My MIL does this too. i don't let her babysit my kids, ever. She has never watched them by herself because i can't trust that she'll respect my wishes as their parent. She tries to undermine my authority as their parent right in front of me, and i stop her then.
    don't let her watch your kids unless she can respect your wishes as their mother.
    Pieta0227

Answer by Pieta0227 at 9:57 PM on Feb. 11, 2009