so at what age would you create or are you able to create an email for your child?

Asked by mampanda0422 at 1:33 AM on Nov. 29, 2012 in General Parenting

• Whoever your internet provider is will usually give you 5 or 10 free email accts with your service, and you can use those for basically anyone or anything you want. There's no law regarding what age kids can use email. DS has had one since he was 6 or 7. The only people he talks to on it are family who live out of state.

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:39 AM on Nov. 29, 2012

• well i tried making one for my 6 year old on gmail but it wouldn't let me .. lol.. so i thought there was a law that said children can not have a email!

Comment by mampanda0422 (original poster) at 1:46 AM on Nov. 29, 2012

• That's just gmail's policy. Use your ISP.

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:17 AM on Nov. 29, 2012

• My 10 year old has a yahoo email address that my mom set up. We all have his password so that we can check it if need be.

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 9:40 AM on Nov. 29, 2012

• My daughter had one when she was 10

Answer by booklover545 at 2:53 PM on Nov. 30, 2012