How do i go about this

I've lived with my mother since I had my daughter. My daughter and I have had to share a room and a bed because of the space. Now that we're moving out and into our own apartment Id like her to start sleeping in her own bed and in her own room,but how do I go about this?

AutumnsMom1212

Asked by AutumnsMom1212 at 2:51 AM on Nov. 29, 2012 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Never know until you try. She might not require any special attention. Who knows.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:26 AM on Nov. 29, 2012

• just try it and see what happens. it may not be an issue.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:08 AM on Nov. 29, 2012

• She might be tickled about having her own space. Make it as special for her as possible and be patient if she likes the idea of her own room, but wants to be with you too.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 6:53 AM on Nov. 29, 2012

• Just decorate it in a way she loves. Let her help pick out the bedding.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:02 AM on Nov. 29, 2012

• How old is she? I agree if she's old enough, let her pick out her new bedding and help decorate her room. Make it a big deal that she has a room of her own. You may be surprised!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 8:59 AM on Nov. 29, 2012

• I think the decoration ideas is great. hope they work for you
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 2:41 PM on Nov. 29, 2012

• Make it exciting for her. Let her help pick out the colors and bedding and curtains and such. Tell her what a big girl she is having her own room and how she is a big girl like mommy....

Play it up as the best thing EVER
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 2:45 PM on Nov. 29, 2012

• She might be fine with it. Involve her in decisions regarding her room and let her paly in the room to be familiar with it so it is not scary at night. I often still stay with my son until he falls asleep so he feels secure. You could do a campout with her the first night or two in her room and then let her know after that she is on her own. We used to play a game calling from one room to the other bedroom so my son knew that if he called I could hear him and visa versa.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 3:59 PM on Nov. 29, 2012

• I agree with the others. Also, you might get a two way monitor and show how she can call you if she needs you or if your rooms are close by how you can still hear her. We kinda had the same situation after my divorce my daughter slept with me. We picked out her furniture and decorated her room. But I must say it was a process. Gradually she began falling asleep and staying the whole night in her bed. But it did take a while. Be sure you have child safety locks on the doors and the sliding glass doors.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 10:06 AM on Nov. 30, 2012