How do you base your opinions?

Do you base your opinions on others reactions, by what you have been taught, or do you actually go out there and try to learn. Do you try to see what is actually going on in this world? Or do you let others influence you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• People are lying if they say that they are not influenced, good or bad, by thier upbringing and the things that were instilled in them as children.
    The things that have been taught to me since I was a child are the first things that I disected. Some I chose to keep, others I threw away as so much trash and uninformed bigotry.

My political views are based on my individual moral center, my circumstances, and my research.
    mrsfitz05

Answer by mrsfitz05 at 6:32 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I try to see for myself what is going on. I also like to hear others opinions so that I can see if there is something I may have missed. I know some people give out false info and that is why if I know I disregard. If I don't know for sure I will check it out for myself later and see if it's true or not.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 6:30 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I can honestly say that I do not feel as if I have let anyone influence me as my mother is an entirely different person than I and my sister and I are incredibly different. My brother was an addict so if anything he had the opposite influence on me than one would assume. He was an example of everything not to do. I have never felt the need to follow a crowd and I am not afraid to have differing opinions. I believe in using your own life experience to make any difficult or important decisions and not allow another's approval or disapproval encourage or discourage you.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 6:46 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• live and let live
    TheShryocks

Answer by TheShryocks at 6:59 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• My opinions are based on my experinces in life and things i have educated myself about. I NEVER let another person make up my mind for me
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 7:21 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

•          I  like to think that I'm not the only person on the planet who has something to contribute.

But I don't base what I do on my opinion or anyone else's on the heavy stuff. I like to look to the Bible and can trust certain people who have studied it thoroughly and whose lives look like they've been studying it alot.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 7:26 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I base all of my feeling and opinions with the facts that are given to me, I always try to find out the enitre story before I decide
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 7:30 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Depends on the issue, but I would say a mix of Values, Education, and Personal Experiences
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:22 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I base my opinions on what comes out of the actual person's mouth. But I also give a lot of thought to the fact that people have stuff going on in their lives that I don't know about. Maybe someone cut me off in traffic because their relative was just rushed to the hospital...maybe someone is acting crabby today because they just got the results back from their oncologist. You never know.
    But if this is about politicians..... its about what they say. Not their pre-written speeches...but the stuff that they say when it isn't scripted. That is what they really think.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 8:45 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I doubt anyone is going to say they are sheep even when it is true. As for me I form my opinions are based on education, literature, experience, reality, and my personal world view.
    Anonymous