Preparing my son for the new baby

i just found out im having my second baby everyone is happy and excited.. but im worryed about my son he is two and is the only child and i wanna prepare him early i really dont wanna wait till he or she gets here. what are ways that i could prepare him?

brittany1983

Asked by brittany1983 at 9:43 AM on Nov. 29, 2012 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just talk about it- and let him feel the baby move and talk to it and such. My daughter was 2 when I was pregnant and everything was fine for the most part when he was born. She was SO proud to be his big sister
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:34 AM on Nov. 29, 2012

• So my daughter was 6 months when i got pregnant for the 2nd time. i included her in shopping for brother, and all my dr appts, ultrasounds and such.... bought her a baby doll and kinda had her help me get ready with nursery and such. showed her how to get the baby changed, and dressed and how to put it in baby carrier, and she was potty trained right before brother got home. its hard cuz they do get jealous but it wil be ok
    heusser3

Answer by heusser3 at 1:51 PM on Nov. 29, 2012

• I too am pregnant my daughter is a year today. We got her her own baby I have been talking about the new baby. And being a big sister.
    flowersmama

Answer by flowersmama at 4:25 PM on Nov. 30, 2012