Been TTC for three years i'm tired..

been tryin TTC for three years

ive seen the dr.
ive seen a specialist
i've seen and obgy

and they all say you guys are ready to go and not understanding why it hasn't happened..

we've been together for 3 years, i have a child from my previous relationship and he has one from his previous and both children live with us, but we want one together.. or at least we did.. but now i'm considering just getting on the iud, and just calling it quits..

not really a question more like a vent..

your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Nov. 29, 2012 in Trying to Conceive

• There's one way you can be sure to never succeed, and that's to quit trying. I'm not meaning to be harsh--believe me, I know how you feel. I lost a baby, then tried and failed for eight years. Then I was surprised by an unexpected miracle, and I've lost three more since. But if you really want another child, you have to face the disappointment and keep going forward. Could you see a nutritionist? Maybe there's a diet change that might help.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:26 PM on Nov. 29, 2012

• Wait, you've been with this guy for 3 years and trying to conceive for 3 years? You started trying to get pregnant right away with a guy you just met? I would stop making getting pregnant your focus.
    Anonymous

• I have often heard that when you stop trying, stop stressing and just go on about life... that is when it happens... Maybe just say okay, we will not stress anymore or even think about it but don't get on BC and see what life hands you... Just a thought anyway.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 4:34 PM on Nov. 29, 2012

• @ballad thanks.. i think i needed that

@anon..
    our relationship and all happened very quickly.. we both com from a similiar, relationship background we are older and we know what we want.. so when we got together we both knew that we wanted one more child.. being pregnant is not our focus.. its upsetting that after so many years it hasnt happened yet people that don't deserve them get pregnant by just getting touched once.. its annoying.. !! or people that start to TTC and get pregnant a month later its alot of stuff..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:36 PM on Nov. 29, 2012

• I'm kinda with anon on the fact that it's odd that you tried to get pregnant with a guy you just started a relationship with, but since it's been 3 years I guess it doesn't matter much anymore (thank God you didn't get pregnant then and have the relationship not work out!). But since it has an you're ready my only advice would to be stop trying. These things tend to happen once you "give up".
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 5:21 PM on Nov. 29, 2012

• OK, so you said you have seen a Specialist? Was it a Reproductive Specialist? If so then they tested you BOTH? So what options did they give you? Obviously they said IVF is an option for you right? It is costly but it is an option. A Reproductive Specialist is the only Dr. that will ultimately help you get pregnant.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:06 PM on Nov. 29, 2012

• You say that you've seen all these docs but has your partner been checked out? It's not because he already has a child that he may not have a problem now. You also need to both get checked out together?
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 3:21 AM on Nov. 30, 2012