I wanna start working out!

where would you begin?

would you make a work out list?

is there any sites or apps that you use??

i started changing my eating habits about 4 months ago, i cut out sugary drinks
and well anything that looks good which is bad for you! Lol..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Nov. 29, 2012 in Diet & Fitness

• I think it depends how out of shape or in shape you are and what you can handle. You can always start walking. That is a good way to start slow and it really tones your whole body and is so good for you. If you want to do a little more grab an exercise tape and do what you can.. Try to do a little more every time. I love Tae Bo and Biggest Loser. Tae Bo is really fun and very effective. The biggest loser is difficult but you can do it. Good Luck! You'll feel so good once you start!
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 5:00 PM on Nov. 29, 2012

• I agree that walking is a great way to start. Especially if you are out of shape or haven't done anything in a while. There are sites out there like sparkpeople and fitnesspal that you can join for free and they have tons of groups to join and exercises and videos, tips and trackers and all kinds of stuff to help and to keep you motivated. Good luck.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 5:05 PM on Nov. 29, 2012

• I'd say start with little goals and work up...I started with walking on our treadmill 15 min a day for a week or two- EVERY day -then added a few min for a week or two- then a few more....added some belly dance DVD's here and there then started going to zumba 1 day a week at first- and now I do zumba like 5-6 classes a week, pilates one class a week- weights at home with out machine 1-2 days a week and sometimes get on the treadmill and put on Dvd's
    I'm working out 1-2 hours a day now with one day off a week
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:11 PM on Nov. 29, 2012

• when i started i came up with a plan, i focus on a different part of the body each day, i do yoga on sundays because on the 7th day he rests lol , i did it that way so i wouldnt get bored and also each body part gets the same amount of attention, good luck just do the things you like
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 5:30 PM on Nov. 29, 2012

• okay so i dont have any machines at home and i can't afford a gym.. so what would you reccommend?

when i changed my diet, i started walking i was walking about two miles a day for about 2 months then i gave up cause i got bored..

how do you stay motivated?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:35 PM on Nov. 29, 2012

• When I started i did the wii fit..... I found it was great because it keeps a record of when your doing it, Your goal weight, and your current weight. Plus you can go at your own pace. Do as much as you want.

theresamarie77

Answer by theresamarie77 at 5:44 PM on Nov. 29, 2012

• you can walk- you can get bands-they are cheap, and or small weights to use...dvd's and youtube too

just find things you like- you will stick with it better : )
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:48 PM on Nov. 29, 2012

• sparkpeople.com - put in your stats and goals and it will write a workout for you or give you all kinds of options to track your progress doing whatever you want to do on your own.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:08 PM on Nov. 29, 2012

• I would start at home, walking than try some free classes offered at the local community centers.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:13 PM on Nov. 29, 2012

• Try work out DVD's from the library and if walking bores you...run!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 6:19 PM on Nov. 29, 2012