13 week ultrasound gender?

Hi there! I'm almost 17 weeks. I was told at 13 weeks they were 75% sure I am having a boy!! We would love a boy because we already have a girl, but either way we will be happy. Just wondering how accurate this guess is. Has anyone been told this early and had the sex been the same at later ultrasounds? I don't have another ultrasound until 22 weeks and it's killing me not being sure!! We have a name picked out for either sex, but I'm ready to start working on the baby's room :)

Anon344

Asked by Anon344 at 5:21 PM on Nov. 29, 2012 in Pregnancy

• 13 weeks is pretty early to get the sex.... was it a level 4 ultrasound? I found out with my first at 14 weeks. But I was high risk and they sent me for a level 4..... I think that is what it was called?

theresamarie77

Answer by theresamarie77 at 5:32 PM on Nov. 29, 2012

• I was told boy @ 14 weeks & boy again @ 20
    ky_mommy2010

Answer by ky_mommy2010 at 5:35 PM on Nov. 29, 2012

• I had an ultrasound at 13 weeks where we were told the same... he is still a boy lol. I think its pretty solid with boys and maybe more chance for error with a possible girl.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 5:36 PM on Nov. 29, 2012

• The genitals are formed by around eight weeks, but baby is still so small . If the angle was good and the tech knew what he/she was looking at it can be accurate. I would wait until baby is a bit bigger before doing the room.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:09 PM on Nov. 29, 2012

• I have has numerous friends go in around 13 weeks and they were correct.
    I go for mine on the 22nd, ill be 14 weeks, so I hope I find out!!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 11:06 PM on Nov. 30, 2012

• It was a NT ultrasound I am not high risk but I'm seeing a high risk doctor. The tech and my doctor both said it looked like a boy. The ultrasound was 30 to 40 minutes total. I'm not going to start on the room yet, but it seems like chances are good that He will stay a boy! Thanks for your responses!
    Anon344

Comment by Anon344 (original poster) at 9:20 AM on Nov. 30, 2012