Miscarriage at 6wks. being told i'm over dramatic...please help

I was 6 pregnant when I lost my baby, me and my SO were so excited and out of no where I miscarried. This happened monday morning. I've been a wreck since, I can't stop crying, get out bed or dressed, I'm just sad. My family is telling me I'm being over dramatic and since I was only 6 weeks along it couldnt hurt that bad. I can't help the way I feel, I had been trying for another baby for over a year, I completely got my hopes up. Do you think I'm being dramatic? or is it normal to feel this way?

askingchelsea08

Asked by askingchelsea08 at 8:40 PM on Nov. 29, 2012 in General Parenting

• awww,no. that was a bad thing that happened. you have the right to mourn
    Sorry that happened to you guys. (((((hugs))))

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:42 PM on Nov. 29, 2012

• I'm sorry for your loss and pain. Ignore them as much as possible. Not only are you dealing with the emotional pain but this is a very hormonal time as well which just makes your feelings even stronger.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:44 PM on Nov. 29, 2012

• You are not being over dramatic. That is a horrible thing for anyone to say.

What you are experiencing is normal. Take time to mourn the loss of your baby. Grieving is necessary. Try not to place expectations on yourself of what that looks like or how long that should take.

I am truly sorry for your loss. Big, big hugs to you.
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 8:47 PM on Nov. 29, 2012

• Omg im so sorry hun hugs
    mamide02ninas

Answer by mamide02ninas at 8:48 PM on Nov. 29, 2012

• Ok...here's the scenario.
    I was getting ready to roll a cigarette and read your header. I had to stop and open this question. That's right- Your trauma trumped my addiction.

Give you some idea of how wrong it is to ever tell anyone who lost a child they are over reacting?!
    You and SO had hopes dreams etc. and you both lost them.
    if your family can't handle that (you at your worst) then they don't deserve you at your best
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 8:58 PM on Nov. 29, 2012

• You are not overreacting. I'm very sorry for what's happened to you, both the loss of your baby and the crappy treatment your family is giving you. You are absolutely not overreacting, and you take as long as you need to in order to grieve.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 9:18 PM on Nov. 29, 2012

• I can't believe anyone would tell you that you were being overly dramatic. I am so sorry for your loss. Take your time to grieve.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:36 PM on Nov. 29, 2012

• I am so sorry your family is not understanding your grief. Don't waste any more time worrying about being over dramatic, because you have experienced a terrible loss and you are right, you can't help the way you feel. It hurts.

Sometimes it seems like people try to "well meaningly" rush you through your grief. When the time is right you will brighten again and experience happiness.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 10:34 PM on Nov. 29, 2012

• Physically, no it should not have hurt at all.

Emotionally, you have every right to be a basket case, train wreck. Tell your family that you are grieving and they need to have more empathy for your situation. Better yet, your husband should be the one to tell them where, and how far, to stick their bull shit.

Grieve. Go through the whole grieving process. Ignore your family until they come around and stop being jerks about it.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:09 PM on Nov. 29, 2012

• First im sorry for your loss. I have a sister in law who this happen to. We were all sad for her. Her actions were the same as yours. We all did think it was very unhealthy for her to be so down. Yes you needed time to mourn but you need to move on. I truly believe everything happens for a reason. Maybe it just wasn't time yet.
    Greylynn36

Answer by Greylynn36 at 11:20 PM on Nov. 29, 2012