My son is 11 months old and as a newborn he slept more lol he is waking up every 30 minutes how do I try and get him to sleep through the night?

NicholeE87

Asked by NicholeE87 at 10:57 PM on Nov. 29, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is he teething? does he have an ear infection? Is he hungry?
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 11:21 PM on Nov. 29, 2012

• sounds like a growth spurt.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:27 PM on Nov. 29, 2012

• By NOT trying... it will only keep you up longer! All you can do is make his world conducive to sleep. He is at the right point for more teeth and for a growth spurt, and changing sleep patterns are normal.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:09 AM on Nov. 30, 2012

• Everything these ladies said... try keeping him up a bit later at night, maybe 1/2 an hour and try to take out any late afternoon/evening naps. This is the sick season plus the chance of him teething and/ or having a growth spurt can really change his schedule. Don't let him snack right before bed, that makes your metabolism start up and he will be hungry sooner. A lite snack like a piece of cheese before bedtime routine so it has time to digest though, may help. This was about the age DD1 started taking a sippy cup of water to bed. She was already in a toddler bed so I set it on the floor next to her bed and she would drink a bit and go back to sleep. She still keeps a water in her room at night. :) DD2 has one in the corner of her crib for when she wakes in the morning. Just a couple ounces of water but it holds them over.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 6:08 AM on Nov. 30, 2012

• Give him something to eat before bed like a little bit of oatmeal or some cheerios or a little piece of banana. My kids sleep better when they have a little food before bed with milk too.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:51 AM on Nov. 30, 2012

• my baby does the same thing .... i just go with it ... when he gets up i give him a lil snack and see if he wants to play and when he gets fussy back to bed he goes ... sometimes it takes a few tries and drives me crazy but i find i get more irritated if i work against him
    tonipaffel

Answer by tonipaffel at 11:19 PM on Dec. 7, 2012