3DS game suggestions for 10 year old boy?

I was hoping someone could shed some light on what games are popular with that age set? He has Pilot wings, pets, and super mario.

Do you have any game suggestions for boys that age?

QuinnMae

Asked by QuinnMae at 11:23 PM on Nov. 29, 2012 in Shopping

• I'm almost positive Animal Crossing has a ds game, but i don't know if it's 3ds.
    My son is 7 and has a 3ds, but his games are a bit younger.
    All the lego games are really good!
    I also really like the mario games.
    One that we love is Mario 3D Land, and there is also 3D Coin Rush.
    You might also think about Angry birds, everyone loves that.
    Try shopping on ebay so see what's out there, that's what I did.
    Oh and if you have a Big Lots store, they also sell ds and 3ds games.
    tinka_pixie

Answer by tinka_pixie at 12:25 AM on Nov. 30, 2012

• Books.

Or Zelda. They re released Ocarina of Time for the 3DS.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 11:42 PM on Nov. 29, 2012

• Lego Star Wars, lego Harry Potter, Lego pretty much anything. There are some good racing games for it as well if they are into that.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:43 PM on Nov. 29, 2012

• My kids love Mario Cart. Ages 7 and 9.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:30 AM on Nov. 30, 2012

• The Lego games are great, mine especially love lego battles recently. My 12 yo has always been into the Pokemon games (they have several for ds/3ds), Mario 3d land, Mario kart 7, Mario party, and Zelda.

Answer by missanc at 6:32 AM on Nov. 30, 2012

• Hmm does Animal Crossing have a 3DS game yet? It's not a Pets game, no annoying animal sounds. And I'm sorry about your dog/feelings right now. :(
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 12:17 AM on Nov. 30, 2012

• He's got a crap ton of books and some on the iPad too. He needs to weed some out to donate before I will have room to buy him more.

I will check out the Zelda thing.

I know he has two Lego games for the Wii but none for the 3DS. I will check those out too.

All I know is I hate the pets game. Both he and DD have it and I can't stand the noises. We had to have our dog put down almost two years ago and they both still miss him terribly, but I don't want another pet right now, even though they are begging. It's just too much work and I know no other dog will measure up to our last one. The fact that I am still feeling that way I think means I am not ready to have another dog. So games it is.

QuinnMae

Comment by QuinnMae (original poster) at 12:02 AM on Nov. 30, 2012

• Oh, I should clarify, I don't care if the games are 3d, they can be regular DS games. They don't really use much of the 3D function since they got them last year. I will look into animal crossing games too. Aren't those sort of like creating a little community in the game? I don't play those things very often. Usually I just watch them play.

Thanks FFA. I am past the worst of losing our dog, but I know I will still hold another dog to the same standards and that wouldn't be fair of me. He was the best pet I have ever had.
    QuinnMae

Comment by QuinnMae (original poster) at 1:05 AM on Nov. 30, 2012

• Thanks for the suggestions ladies. I will check them all out.
    QuinnMae

Comment by QuinnMae (original poster) at 9:15 AM on Nov. 30, 2012