• In the Spotlight:

When did you first leave your child/baby over-night?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:51 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• like 2 months
    Anonymous

• My first I didn't leave until she was at least 6 months and then only with my mom, my second was 1 1/2 months, I had to have surgery and she stayed with my mom for 3 days and 4 nights. It was hard but I knew I wouldn't be able to take care of the kids after surgery and dh had to work.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 6:55 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I left my daughter with my MIL overnight when she was about a month old.
    Mrs.Loeffel

Answer by Mrs.Loeffel at 6:55 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• The simple biology of being a mammal has thus far postponed any over-night drop offs for my 16 month old.

That, and I wouldn't be comfortable leaving her for the night yet.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 6:58 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• at three weeks old Kitten spent the night at her Aunti's house so i could have some alone time with hubby. she survived fine and has no permanent scars because of it
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 7:14 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Around 2 months old. I went to an overnight female-only family get together. DH was home with our son, who was on formula by then.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 7:36 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• My oldest was 15 months...technically she didn't go anywhere but I was in the hospital having her younger brother so it was the first time she was away from me.
    As for her staying at someone else's house she was 16 months and my son was 1 month old when they stayed with my sil for the weekend. We stopped by to hang out with them for awhile each day but she kept them over night while we were in town because I needed a break from my colicky reflux baby.
    My middle daughter was 21 months or something. My youngest has never spent the night away from me and she will be 3 in April. Mostly because we moved and were too far away from family for them to help us and once we moved back here we didn't have the money to go visit so we are always home.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:40 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• the first "over nighter" with out me was almost 18mths old... AFTER she stopped nursing! :D
    defiantpromises

Answer by defiantpromises at 7:56 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• My daughter is 20 months and I've never left her overnight.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 8:05 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• My daughter was around 19 months. Her and daddy had a weekend alone while I went drove home :)

It will be the same with the new baby as well..
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 8:22 PM on Feb. 11, 2009