Do you use different wrapping paper for each child?

i have a myriad of wrapping papers in this house, each one carrying over from the year before and turning into this large collection lol! as i was wrapping presents last night, i just used different ones on each gift, not really paying attention to who they were for until i was sticking the gift tag on them. it occured to me it may have been a good idea to use one specific paper for each child (i have 3) so they would know when they're grabbing presents who they're for. but it's too late now lol! maybe next year.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 7:58 AM on Nov. 30, 2012 in Holidays

• I tend to wrap for each gathering in a different paper (my family in 1 kind, his family in another, my kids in a 3rd). Every couple of years we end up with a random mishmash. But I've never done a separate paper for each kid.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 8:04 AM on Nov. 30, 2012

• I do different papers but only so I dont get confused and have to keep looking at tags as I set them out on Christmas Eve.
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 8:06 AM on Nov. 30, 2012

• I mix it up-keeps them more confused ;) haha

We have never let the kids just go grab their presents- there is one person who plays Santa and hands the gifts out - usually one or two at a time let those get unwrapped then hand out more...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:23 AM on Nov. 30, 2012

• I use all different wrapping paper but it is because I have so much to use(I buy them after the holiday and get them at a cheap price); sometimes I'll wrap 2 in the same depends on what they are
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:47 AM on Nov. 30, 2012

• I have one child, but a couple of years ago she recognized the paper that were from gifts from santa the year before that I wrapped the following year as gifts from me. She started asking questions about why my presents were wrapped in the same paper santa used the year before. I came up with an excuse about getting paper from the same place santa does. I am now VERY careful about wrapping paper.

I would love to know how she remembered the xmas paper, but forgets everything I tell her to do...
    Nos4

Answer by Nos4 at 9:10 AM on Nov. 30, 2012

• I do it randomly. It usually depends on how big the box is and what paper is large enough and I have enough of to cover it.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:28 AM on Nov. 30, 2012

• I use the old stuff for the gifts from Mom, and Dad, I buy new for the "Santa" stuff... We have 3 boys, and only one still believes in Santa, and I'm thinking it won't be long and he'll figure it out... I'm looking forward to it.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:52 AM on Nov. 30, 2012

• Santa uses a different paper for each child. I wrap as I go so it makes it easier for me when I'm setting them out I don't have to look for a little tag.
    The leftover Santa paper from the previous year gets used up the next year on our presents to each other or other people.

Answer by missanc at 9:54 AM on Nov. 30, 2012

• Presents from Santa are wrapped in a special paper. Otherwise I just use whatever I have for whomever.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 10:17 AM on Nov. 30, 2012

• I set out several papers that sort of go with each other and ribbons to match. That is what I use to wrap. I like things to look neat under my tree. This is a new thing for me b/c as a kid because there was a huge variation under the tree.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:19 AM on Nov. 30, 2012